Teaching Examples

Instagram Teachers Pay Teachers Pinterest Blog Lovin' Facebook Image Map

Monday, August 12, 2013

Monday Made It


Happy Monday Night!

I'm happy to be linking up once again for another MMI party!  You can check out the fabulous things other bloggers have made by clicking here!  Sad news, MMI linky is now going to a monthly linky on the 2nd Monday of each month. :(  I am always so inspired by other bloggers and their creations.  In fact, some of my MMI's came from last week's blog post from Kris over at the poole pages.  You should check out everything she's got going on!

Now on with my MMI completed projects.

Made it #1:
These are pencil tags to assist students when you are not working in a small group.  They should alleviate small group chatter while waiting on me to help them.  It's sort of like a deli counter grab a number and wait to be helped idea.  I got the idea from Kris atthe poole pages who found it on all students can shine.  I'm SO EXCITED to use these this year!  What a fabulous idea and it's FREE! :))

Made it #2:
This is my parent handbook for this year.  The idea came from Pinterest and I just added what I needed for my class.  I don't have the original pin with the picture, but I've seen several versions of this and just made my own to go with my classroom theme.  I made the flip book with the number of tabs to cover everything I idea wanted to parents to know.  THEN, I typed up each section, cut/pasted it to the corresponding tab.  The final step will be to run on colored paper when I go back to school on Monday.  Another simple, yet genius idea.

Made it #3:

This is a fabulous freebie from lady bugs teacher files.  Have you checked out her site?  It's fabulous!  In fact, I have yet to find a blog that isn't fantastic!!  I can't wait to see if we can keep up with pencils this year.  Last year was challenging and if I didn't know better I would have bet everything I had on my kiddos eating the pencils!  I've never gone through so many pencils and I hope this is the solution to my frustrations!  

Made it #4:




These 2 clip boards are instead of having a cork board to house teaching "stuff".  You can't see it very well, but each clip is labeled.  The top one is for those important papers you get in your mail box at school that you know you need to hold onto, but not sure where to file them.  The second board is for my conference calender for CAFE (using CRAFT, but same thing).  I'm so excited to have these hanging in the classroom!


 Made it #5:
This picture is what I've decided to do for my student birthdays.  It was inspired by this idea on Pinterest.  I used the Dr. Seuss fonts, frames by 3am teacher, card stock I already had at the house, and gum from Target.  I will put all of these in a jar and create a fun label to match the cards.  I can't wait!  

 Made it #6:
This is my tissue paper wreath for the house!  It matches my house and I think it's fabulous...my husband, not so much!  He says it looks like a pinata and candy should come out of it!! I may make it smaller...I'm marinating on it for a few days. :)

 Made it #7:
These task cards are a fabulous freebie from teaching with a mountain view to introduce a task card rotation game called Scoot.  We do the student rotation of task cards before a unit test, but this is a fabulous way to teach your expectations of student behavior.  

Whew!  I've been busy!  I still have so much more to do before officially returning to work on Monday!  I'm going up to visit my classroom and arrange desks this Thursday, but that's it until Monday.  Happy Back to School!  Don't forget to link up on the 2nd Monday of each month for more fantastic ideas!



5 comments:

  1. You were busy! Everything looks great! I love the parent handbook flipbooks...thinking about doing that for mine this year, too.

    Kara
    Spedventures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely recommend the flip book. It keeps you focused and direct with what you're wanting to say. Cute blog BTW! Have a great week!

      ~Amanda

      Delete
  2. Love your tissue poms! My girls both have birthdays in October, so I'll be trying these out soon!

    Megan
    I Teach. What's Your Super Power?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a super quick wreath to make. Have fun with it! :) BTW-I love your blog title!!

      Delete
  3. WOW! Pinterest! Who would have thought someone would be interesting in "pinning" something from my site?! That's super fun information! :)) Thanks so much for finding my blog! I'm so glad you are able to find use for some of my postings. I'm a firm believer in sharing and not charging for anything I post. :) I love that you're an "Apple" person too! I LOVE my iphone, ipad, and macbook! I will definitely be picking your brain occasionally!

    Thanks for the Liebster nomination! I was nominated back in July and have struggled to find blogs that haven't already been nominated with less than 200 followers. I enjoyed learning more about you and am your newest follower on bloglovin.

    Have a fantastic week!

    ~Amanda

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Thanks for taking the time! :)))