Teaching Examples

Instagram Teachers Pay Teachers Pinterest Blog Lovin' Facebook Image Map

Friday, March 8, 2013

Common Core 5.MD.1-Metric Conversion Memory Game Freebie

Happy Friday!  Like I've said in previous posts we've been tackling measurement conversions.  Metric has been super challenging for the children.  The parents also struggle to find ways to support their child at home....hence the creation of the Metric Conversion Memory Game!!  I ran copies of this on card stock and sent home for additional practice.  You can download your copy here.  If you download a copy please leave a comment letting me know what you think.  Thanks so much for checking out my blog.  Have a great weekend! :)))


~Amanda
Freebie Fridays

4 comments:

  1. I love this! My kiddos always struggle with Metric. Thanks for sharing. I'm your newest follower.

    Hunter's Tales from Teaching

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Thank you so very much! I will be posting some more metric conversion practice in the next day or so. Come back to check on it! So glad you've joined the blog! :)

      Delete
  2. Have you tried "KIng Henry Does Usually Drink Chocolate Milk?" I found a back story for the mnemonic that I read to my kids and then we put the metric "steps" in our interactive math notebooks with lots of notes on which direction to move the decimal point as we climbed up or down the steps. IT WORKED! Good luck with this challenging skill, Stacy @ http://new-in-room-202.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stacy,

      Thanks for the suggestion. I will have to try that with the few that are still struggling. :)) Thanks for sharing. Keep in touch and have a great weekend!

      ~Amanda

      Delete

I love your comments! Thanks for taking the time! :)))