Teaching Examples

Instagram Teachers Pay Teachers Pinterest Blog Lovin' Facebook Image Map

Monday, July 9, 2012

Reading, Reading, Reading Workshop!

Growing Readers: Units of Study in the Primary Classroom

Ok, so it's been a few weeks since I've posted anything...very busy summer so far!  I'm currently reading Growing Readers for part of my professional summer reading.  I have about 90 pages left in the book and hope to be finished with it before heading to Isle of Palms on Saturday for the week. :-)  The book is a great read for teachers that are stuck and don't know how to get students over the hump of comprehension.  Basal series are great; however, they don't offer much insight on how to teach and extend teaching of a variety of comprehension strategies.  If you are like me and needed some extra help in this area then this the book for you!  I use a reading workshop model and occasionally struggle to find ways to extend comprehension lessons and go deeper with the material.  This book has already given me so many lesson ideas to really create life long readers.  It has fantastic and real life lesson applications.  If you use the Daily 5, this will compliment what you're already doing nicely!  If you get the book please leave me a comment and tell me what you're getting from the book.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! Thanks for taking the time! :)))