Teaching Examples

Instagram Teachers Pay Teachers Pinterest Blog Lovin' Facebook Image Map

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Classroom Arrangement



Spaces & Places: Designing Classrooms for LiteracyOk, so many of you are starting to think about how to set up your class for the new school year.  I seem to always struggle to find what I actually like; therefore, I end up rearranging my room a hundred times during the school year!  Yuck!  To solve this problem I recently read Spaces and Places by Debbie Diller and I LOVED it!  It has really offered insight on how to set up the best classroom environments conducive for learning.  She has tons of pictures and rational for everything she recommends.  If you haven't read the book and are in a pickle for how to set up your room, check it out!  It's a quick read with lots of fantastic information.  I will post pics when my room is together to show you how inspirational she can be!  Cheers! :-)  By the way, if you didn't already know, I'm a total professional book reading        junkie!  I LOVE learning new ways to grow as an educator!  

5 comments:

  1. I need to read this book! I've had the same room arrangement for a few years now, but I'm not sure it is effective.

    Thanks for sharing about this book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad to help! :-) I know I'm constantly spinning my wheels at the start of every year and am never fully happy with the end result. I promise you will LOVE this book. I found mine on Amazon for $25. I love all of the Debbie Diller books. :-) Thanks for the comment! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good start Amanda! Don't worry...we all had to start somewhere at some point. Let me know if I can do anything to help and welcome to blog land!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Thanks for taking the time! :)))