Teaching Examples

Instagram Teachers Pay Teachers Pinterest Blog Lovin' Facebook Image Map

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Back in Town :)

We had a fantastic first family vacation with our little princess to Isle of Palms, SC.  Lillian really loved the ocean and it was great to see my mom and share our love of Charleston with her.  Now, back to school topics....I finished Growing Readers and it did not disappoint!  There are so many fantastic ideas for really going deeper with reading comprehension.  There's also a fabulous recommended plan for teaching comprehension and print awareness strategies for life long readers.  It was a great read and I will be re-reading the book this school year to refresh my memory for each new unit I teach.  This book compliments the Daily 5 and any Basal series if you teach with a reading workshop model.



On a side note, I found some really fun things for my students back to school bags at Target I wanted to share.  I love Dr. Seuss and these items were found in the dollar section at Target!  Feel free to use the poem that goes with the bag of goodies too!  I leave the poem the same and adjust the grade level if teaching a new grade.  I can't remember where I found the poem, but I did personalize it to make it mine.  :-)  Enjoy until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! Thanks for taking the time! :)))